In-Person and Virtual Science Camps in New York
The DNA Learning Center is the world's first science center devoted entirely to genetics education. We offer fun and challenging camps for science enthusiasts entering 6th–12th grades at several locations in the New York metro area. Guided by experienced instructors, students use sophisticated laboratory and computer equipment to perform experiments several grade levels ahead of their peers.
We welcome students in-person and virtually to join the fun while engaging in a high-level scientific lab experience at academic summer camps. For more details, be sure to review our Camp Info.
In-person summer programs at our facilities in Brooklyn, Sleepy Hollow, and Cold Spring Harbor, New York include hands-on labs that give learners the opportunity to use modern molecular biology techniques and tools. Students can join camps like Fun with DNA or Genome Science.
Wherever you attend, we have taken necessary precautions to ensure classmates and educators stay safe as we are offering in-person camps and courses over the summer (See our COVID-19 Safety Net).
Our virtual camps are offered two ways: Live instruction, where students attend camp from home alongside a class of students, and On-Demandwith pre-recorded daily lessons and materials so students can complete the curriculum at their own pace. These virtual science camps can be taken by middle or high school students anywhere, including outside of the NYC and Long Island areas.
To replicate the same hands-on science and enrichment learning, students attending virtually also receive kits that contain needed lab materials, camp-specific workbooks, and learning protocols. Students also have access to a DNALC educator so they can share their lab results, ask questions, or troubleshoot labs.
Why Should Middle and High School Students Attend a Science Summer Camp at a DNA Learning Center?
Whether students attend an in-person science camp in New York or join virtually, they'll be able to take advantage of benefits such as:
- Science expertise: DNA Learning Center is a world-renowned institution for both molecular biology and genetics education. We have over 35 years of expertise in education in these areas, offering students the opportunity to learn from the best.
- Hands-on experimentation: All of our summer camps for middle and high school students emphasize hands-on experimentation to get them involved and interested in what they are learning. Through our kits, even our virtual classes incorporate hands-on learning.
- Advanced Placement Biology Labs: Our science camps for kids cover some required labs from the national Advanced Placement Biology curriculum (AP Bio).
- High-tech science experiments: Our science camps for kids are more than just fun activities. We incorporate high-tech experiments, allowing students to develop their understanding of biology and genetics concepts through lab investigations.
- Creating friendships: Since students will be meeting other learners with similar interests, they'll be able to form connections and create friendships that can last a lifetime.
Register for One of Our 2022 Science Summer Camps
From forensics to DNA barcoding to the world of enzymes, we have a variety of STEM summer camps scheduled for this summer. During the year, we invite students to learn and immerse themselves in the world of biology and genetics through an on-site visit to one of our DNA Learning Centers or one of our On-Demand virtual camps.
Ready to get your students involved in hands-on science activities at a world-class lab? Get registered for our science summer camps in NYC, Westchester, or Long Island today or request more information about our field trips.