In-Person and Virtual Science Camps in New York
The DNALC is the world's first science center devoted entirely to genetics education. We offer fun and challenging camps for science enthusiasts entering 6th–12th grades. Guided by experienced instructors, students use sophisticated laboratory and computer equipment to perform experiments several grade levels ahead of their peers.
While our centers closed temporarily to the public in March 2020, the DNALC has continued to offer academic summer camps virtually. Now, we are welcoming back students in-person and virtually to join the fun while engaging in a high-level scientific lab experience. For more details, be sure to review our Camp Info.
In-person summer programs at our new facility in Brooklyn New York include hands-on labs that give learners the opportunity to use modern molecular biology techniques and tools. Students can join camps like Fun with DNA or Genome Science.
Wherever you attend, we have taken necessary precautions to ensure classmates and educators stay safe as we continue offering our in-person camps and courses throughout the summer (See our COVID-19 Safety Net).
Our virtual camps are offered two ways: live instruction, where students attend camp from home alongside a class of students, and On-Demand with pre-recorded daily lessons and materials so students can complete the curriculum at their own pace. These virtual science camps can be taken by middle or high school students anywhere, including outside of the NYC and Long Island areas.
To replicate the same hands-on science and enrichment learning, students attending virtually will also receive kits that contain any needed lab materials, camp-specific workbooks, and learning protocols. Students will also have access to a DNALC educator so they can share their lab results, ask questions, or troubleshoot labs.
Why Should Middle and High School Students Attend a Science Summer Camp at the DNA Learning Center?
Whether students attend an in-person science camp in New York or join virtually, they'll be able to take advantage of benefits such as:
- Science expertise: DNA Learning Center is a world-renowned institution for both molecular biology and genetics. We have over 30 years of expertise in education in both of these areas, offering students the opportunity to learn from the best.
- Hands-on experimentation: All of our summer camps for middle and high school students emphasize hands-on experimentation to get them involved and interested in what they are learning. Through our kits, even our virtual classes incorporate hands-on learning.
- Advanced Placement Biology Labs: Our science camps for kids cover some required labs from the national Advanced Placement Biology curriculum (AP Bio).
- High-tech science experiments: Our science camps for kids are more than just fun activities. We incorporate high-tech experiments, allowing students to develop their understanding of biology and genetics concepts through lab investigations.
- Creating friendships: Since students will be meeting other learners with similar interests, they'll be able to form a connection and create friendships that last a lifetime.
Register for One of Our 2021 Science Summer Camps
From forensics to DNA barcoding to the world of enzymes, we have a variety of STEM summer camps planned for this summer. During the year, we invite students to learn and immerse themselves in the world of biology and genetics through an on-site visit to our DNA Learning Center or in one of our virtual camps.
Ready to get your students involved in hands-on science activities at a world-class lab? Get registered for our science summer camps in NYC or on Long Island today or request more information about our field trips.