We are pleased to continue offering virtual summer camps to make our programs available to remote campers! Six DNALC camps have been adapted for remote instruction. In Virtual Live Instruction Camps:
- Students receive a kit containing materials to complete labs at home alongside classmates and instructor. Kits will be available for pick up at a DNALC location or can be shipped. (Kits are not required for BioCoding.)
- Students split time between a whole group setting and working in small breakout groups with classmates.
- At the end of Fun with DNA, World of Enzymes and Forensic Detectives, parents and guardians are invited to join the class for "Parent Participation" activities.
- The DNA Barcoding and Genome Science camps require that DNA samples isolated at home be dropped off or shipped back OVERNIGHT to the DNALC (by USPS/FEDEx/UPS) for processing. The cost of shipping is to be covered by the student and their family.
DNA Barcoding students will need to return samples on Day 1 and Day 2 (Monday and Wednesday) and Genome Science participants will need to return samples on Day 1 only.
- Camps are conducted on Zoom. A walk-through of Zoom will be sent in advance of the camp to allow participants to familiarize themselves with the platform.