World of Enzymes
Developed as a sequel to the popular Fun with DNA camp, World of Enzymes builds on basic concepts of biochemistry and molecular biology and enables students to utilize advanced techniques to manipulate DNA. Through direct observation and manipulation of enzymes, participants develop an understanding of the importance of proteins, not only in living things, but also in recombinant DNA technology, cloning, and industry.
- build molecular models;
- observe enzymes in action that are used for food production and healthcare;
- use enzymes to cut and splice DNA;
- analyze DNA fragments with gel electrophoresis; and
- make a personal DNA fingerprint.
World of Enzymes is limited to alumni of Fun with DNA entering grade 7, or students entering grade 8.
Tuition is $425 and includes all materials. World of Enzymes runs Monday through Thursday 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., and Parent Participation Day is Friday 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.*
* Week of July 1-5 camps are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Parent Day is Friday 2:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m. No camp on Thursday, July 4th.
Week of August 26-30 camp at DNALC Parent Participation Day will be 9:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
Week of August 19-23 at DNALC West Parent Participation Day will be 9:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.